Frequently Asked Questions by Parents:
1. What season is lacrosse played? Lacrosse is a spring sport which is played from March through early June.
2. How are the teams divided? The teams are typically divided by grades, though there are some age specific restrictions that may impact children at the older edge of their grade.
In House: Lax Kids (Pre-K and K), 1st Boys and 1st and 2nd Grade Girls. These are entry-level instructional lacrosse programs. See the Boys & Girls Lacrosse tabs for more information.
Travel Teams: 3rd - 8th Grades for boys and girls. See th Boys & Girls Lacrosse tabs for more information.
3. How does our family register? CLC website will have Online Registration open from November though January for the following Spring season starting in March
4. When does the CLC season start? The season begins in March with just practices, and the games begin in April. All registered players (3rd thru 8th graders) will play on travel teams. Practices will typically be twice a week in the evenings. Games can be held on weeknights, Saturdays and Sundays. In-house programs (Lax Kids and our new rookie league) will be held once per week, days TBD.
5. Where do we practice and play home games? Typically practices and games are held at Memorial Field, Sherman Park, Orange Avenue School or Walnut Ave School.
6. Where and when are away games? The away games, tournaments and jamborees are played in different locations throughout central NJ. Games can be on weeknights and weekend days, depending on the team. Schedules are published at the beginning of the season
7. How do parents stay informed about what's going on? The CLC website is the main form of communication with players, coaches and families. CLC Coaches and Team Managers also communicate CLC info to players and parents. All information can be found on the CLC website so please check regularly. You can also follow us on Facebook.
8. How can I help? We're glad you asked! The Cranford Lacrosse Club is run by volunteers and can always use more hands to insure that our children have the best experience possible. Roles range from board members to coaches to general volunteers who can help out on various tasks. Click
to send us a message.
9. What is U.S. Lacrosse? U.S.Lacrosse is the national governing body of men's and women's lacrosse. All players will become members of U.S. Lacrosse upon registering for the PB LAX programs and will receive Lacrosse Magazine. All PB LAX players and coaches will be insured by U.S.Lacrosse while participating in a Covered Activity (i.e. all PB LAX events, all U.S.Lacrosse events). The U.S.Lacrosse website is http://www.uslacrosse.org.