CRANFORD LACROSSE CLUB
2021 Scholarship Information
The Cranford Lacrosse Club is pleased to announce the availability of a $1,000 scholarship award for up to two (2) “Senior Men” and two (2) “Senior Women” this year. The scholarships will be awarded for the pursuit of higher education and is in recognition of athletic participation, team contribution and commitment. In the event that no applications meeting the eligibility or application requirements are received, and no male or female student is selected, the award will not be granted in that year.
Interested applicants should contact the CHS Guidance department regarding the application and deadline.
Qualification criteria for the 2021 scholarship are:
• The applicant must be a resident of Cranford, NJ.
• The applicant must be a graduating senior currently participating on the CHS lacrosse team.
• The applicant must have played a minimum of three (3) seasons for the Cranford Lacrosse Club.
• The applicant must be eligible to take advantage of the scholarship during the next calendar year.
• The applicant will be ineligible if receiving a “Full-ride” scholarship (tuition, room and board, and books) from a college, university or trade/technical school.
(Applicant must also be familiar with N.C.A.A. regulations of accepting scholarship.)
The applicant must submit the following documents which will be the basis for selection:
1. Completed application and essy (available from the CHS Guidance Department)
2. Completed “Coach’s Recommendation Form” in a “sealed and signed” envelope (CLC to provide to both the boys & girls team coaches by Feb. 15)
Applicants will be judged on the following criteria:
• Athletic participation - performing to the best of their ability.
•Leadership – providing a positive example for others, being a good role model, exhibiting good sportsmanship.
•Contribution to Team – being a team player, helping others to improve.
• Commitment to Excellence – putting in extra work, being dedicated, and striving to be well prepared.
The recipient may or may not be the team’s best athlete but has shown exceptional enthusiasm, participation, effort, spirit and dedication to warrant this special recognition.
“IT’S NOT ABOUT WINNING OR LOSING BUT HOW YOU PLAYED THE GAME”